I have been working with individuals, couples and families for over 30 years.
I hold Masters Degrees in Humanistic Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Educational Psychology, and have worked with couples and families in the educational and clinical settings.
I was trained as a child and family therapist, and parent educator and consultant, at the Stanford University Affiliated – The Children’s Health Council, in Palo Alto, California, where I worked as a clinician and parent educator and consultant.
I strengthened my training in Couples Therapy at the reputable Couples Institute in Menlo Park, California, where I was also a couples workshop co-facilitator, and at the Relational Life Institute in Boston, MA.
- Other areas of expertise include treatment of:
Anxiety, OCD and Depression
- Anxiety and Depression related to Infertility, Postpartum and Menopause
- Relational and Intimacy Issues such as Sex Addiction and Compulsivity, Infidelity/Affairs/Partner Betrayal, Sexual Anorexia, Pornography Compulsivity, Codependence
- Women’s Issues
- Men’s Issues
- Social Skills Training for Adolescents and Young Adults
- Issues Related to the Expat Families and Third Culture Kids
Certifications I hold:
Certified by the International OCD Foundation to treat Obsessive Compulsive Disorders;
Certified in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Interpersonal Therapy;
Intensively trained DBT Therapist;
Certified Relational Life Master Therapist;
Certified UCLA PEERS® Social Skills Therapist;
Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (Candidate)
- International OCD Foundation, Clinical Member
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, Clinical Member
- International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals, Clinical Member
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America, Clinical Member
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine, Member
I am a Credentialed Distant Counselor, and am pleased to announce that I am certified to offer Tele-Mental-Health.
* Services can be offered in English or Portuguese.*
Call now to schedule an appointment and surprise yourself with the positive changes this can bring to your life.